Thursday 21 February 2008

Salmon fillets with asparagus and tomatoes.

This is a really simple meal that is very quick to make (around 20 minutes) and is a healthy option. All of the amounts are totally up to personal taste but the photos below show the quantities that I use for two people.

The ingredients are very simple:

Salmon fillets (fresh is best but frozen works in a pinch)
Asparagus tips
Cherry tomatoes (you can use vine tomatoes but I find small cherry tomatoes juicier)
Olive oil


Pre-heat the oven to 180 C.
Put a little oil in a frying pan and place in the salmon, skin side down. We only want to sear the skin so no longer than 5 minutes. Meanwhile, coat the asparagus tips and the tomatoes in olive oil and place them in a baking tray. When seared, place the salmon skin side down on the asparagus and put in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.


When cooked, the salmon will appear pale pink in colour. Serve the salmon on top of the asparagus with the tomatoes to the side. As a personal preference, I pour parsley sauce over the fish and serve with a glass of white wine.



This is one of my favourite meals. I hope it becomes one of yours.

2 comments:

Bobs said...

Yup - definitely one of my faves! I lurrrrrve the asparagus. Yummmmmmy!

Bobs said...

It's about time you were upodating this bloggy thingie, sweetheart!

I've left a wee something for you on my blog, so why not pop along and pick it up!

xxx