Monday 4 February 2008

Pork and Ginger Noodles.

Sorry for the delay in getting this on, things have been a little busy of late. This recipe is really simple to make and can be ready in about 15 minutes. The amounts quoted below are enough to serve 4 (but not in my house).

First off, let me introduce you to the ingredients:

450g pork fillet, cut into thin strips

2 tbsp sunflower oil

2.5cm root ginger, grated

2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped

1/2 savoy cabbage, shredded

300ml vegetable stock

1tbsp soy sauce

100g frozen peas

2 x 150g packets of straight to wok noodles

2 tbsp chopped coriander (optional)




For the noodles, I used Amoy straight-to-wok. I should have used the thin ones, the thicker ones were a little too much for the pork.

Stir fry the pork in the oil until just cooked (about 4 minutes). Add the garlic and ginger and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the cabbage and continue to stir fry until the pork and cabbage are well combined. The photos below show the cabbage added to the pork, and the peas and noodles added to the stir fry.




Pour the soy suace and the vegetable stock over the pork stir fry then add the peas and noodles. Stir well and then simmer for 5 minutes until the cabbage is cooked but crunchy. Scatter with the coriander if desired. This can then be eaten as is or served with a green salad or cooked green veg.

The final photo is the finished meal.



4 comments:

Bobs said...

It was absolutely delicious too!

I was wondering when we would get to see this one. lol

xxx

Claire said...

Looks lovely again, but alas I don't much care for pork either. LOL

Keep em coming! I'm bound to like one soon! ;-)

Eleanor said...

Another yum. We adore noodles - thick, thin,whatever. Unlike Claire :P there's not much I don't like. :D
Hope Bobs is OK, miss reading the Aberdeenshire goings on.
E
xx

Lorraine said...

I might just try that one, Tim. I love those noodles and I'm pretty fond of pork too.