Monday 21 January 2008

Tools of the trade.

First thing I think we ought to mention is cooking equipment, by which I mean pots and pans.



Well, these are some of mine. We have ceramic hobs at home, so we decided to upgrade our pots and pans to these. The pots and jug are by a company called STELLAR and the large pan at the front is a James Martin sautee pan.

All of these pots and pans have the thickened, heat retaining pads on the base, meaning that as soon as the pan is up to the required temperature, you must turn the heat down, otherwise everything will burn to the pan. That said, once you get used to them, they are a real pleasure to cook with. I use stainless steel implements with no fear of scratching the non-stick surface since none of the pans are non-stick. That said however, they are all very simple to keep clean on the condition that you do not burn food and clean up as soon as you have finished with them.

OK, now that you have seen the table (indicating that I believe that appearance is all important) and my pots and pans (indicating that I am addicted to shiny things) the posts on here from now on will tend to concentrate on menus and recipes, meals that I cook (along with accompanying pictures) and thoughts on how the food turned out, how it tasted and whether I felt it need a little something extra.

Please feel free to use the recipes I post here, since food should be a shared experience. All that I ask if you do try them is please let me know how they went.

1 comment:

Bobs said...

I love how your reflection is caught in almost every pan. :)