Wednesday 23 January 2008

Honey mustard pasta with sausage and ham.

Ok, let's start with an easy one. This is a really simple meal that serves two (can be doubled easily) and is ready in about 20 minutes.



The ingredients, as seen above are very easy to get hold of. They are:

Penne pasta (I use A handful per person)

Mattesons smoked pork sausage

Sliced ham

Knorr 'Chicken tonight' Honey mustard sauce.

To save a little time later on, the first thing I do is to slice the sausage and cut the slices in half. I then cut approx 8 slices of ham into rough strips with a pair of scissors. The cut meat can be seen below.



At this point, the pasta is placed in a saucepan with enough water to cover the pasta and a little cooking oil to stop the pasta sticking to the pan. The pasta is then brought to the boil, then the heat is reduced to let simmer for about 15 minutes. the texture of the pasta at this point should be slightly firm to the bite or 'al dente'. Drain the pasta and mix in the prepared meat, stirring through. Add the sauce and mix together thoroughly, place back on the heat and warm through for around 5 minutes, remembering to stir frequently. The best accompaniment for this is french bread with a balsamic dip or simple butter.



This is how the completed meal appears. I hope you enjoy it.

3 comments:

Claire said...

Looks lovely (shame I don't like ham, mind - LOL).
I shall wait with bated breath for the next installment.
Thanks for the comment om my blog too - nice to know I'm not constantly talking to myself in the ether.
xxxx

All of my Todays said...

Now that looks really really tasty. I haven't tried the chicken recipe that you sent me yet but I'll let you know as soon as I do. x

Sue said...

Hi Tim :-)

Heard so much about you that I feel as if we have met already :-)

Have fun blogging. I don't eat ham BUT I can substitute :-)

Now feeling hungry! Correction . . .always feeling hungry ;-)

Sue